Saturday 18 February 2012

Yay! New books!

Don't you just LOVE getting new books? I was so hyped when I found out that all childrens' (including YA, obvs!) books at Waterstones AND WHSmith were on 3 for 2! So of course I was going to go out and buy some; it was a great opportunity to spend some of those giftcards I have been accumulating (all my friends and family know I LOVE reading so I often end up with giftcards for books as presents...not that I'm complaining!)

Anyway, as tempting as it was to go completely wild and buy enough books to fill an entire new bookcase... I did manage to restrain myself and bought only three (saving some of that gift money for another time!)


So...these are the books I bought!


WITHER by Lauren DeStefano

At age 16, Rhine Ellery has four years to live. Thanks to a botched effort to create a perfect race, all females live to age 20 and males live to age 21. On the cusp of her 17th birthday, Rhine attempts to flee, but what she finds is a society spiraling out of control.

 LEGEND by Marie Lu

He is Day. The boy who walks in the light.
She is June. The girl who seeks her brother's killer.
On the run and undercover, they meet by chance. Irresistably drawn together, neither knows the other's past.
But Day murdered June's brother.
And she has sworn to avenge his death.

 ANGEL FIRE by L.A. Weatherly

Only Willow has the power to defeat the malevolent Church of Angels, and they will stop at nothing to destroy her. Willow isn’t alone, though. She has Alex by her side – a trained Angel Killer and her one true love. But nothing can change the fact that Willow’s a half-angel, and when Alex joins forces with a group of AKs, she’s treated with mistrust and suspicion. She’s never felt more alone…until she meets Seb. He’s been searching for Willow his whole life – because Seb is a half-angel too.







 Can't wait to read them! Are they good? I'll be posting my thoughts on them up here once I've read them :)

1 comment:

Hiya there! Thanks for dropping by The Book Parade!

***N.B. This is now an award-free zone. I'm honoured if you consider me, but people taking the time to read my posts and comment is the most valuable award I could receive. Thanks! :D