Tuesday 21 February 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Quickly Save if My House Was Being Abducted By Aliens



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where a different  'Top Ten...' topic is picked each week. 

So... this week the topic is 'Books I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Being Abducted by Aliens (or struck by any other disaster)...

  1. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins...Does this need explaining? I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES!!! I never had a favourite book until I read The Hunger Games, which I read when I was 12. Two years on, and it still holds that top spot in my heart! (Although I have discovered many other books that come very close...)
  2. Harry Potter Series by J.K.Rowling...This one needs hardly any explaining either! I love Harry Potter! I mean, doesn't everybody? I laugh every time I read the books and, yeah, they're just amazing.
  3. Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman...This book deeply affects me every time I read it; I ALWAYS cry! And while, if I had just been made homeless, it would probably not be helpful to start bawling in the middle of the streets because of a sad book, I'm saving it anyway!
  4. Divergent by Veronica Roth...I would save this for two reasons - one, I adore it, and two, weird as it may seem, I get inspired by Tris to be brave. Thinking about all the brave things she does makes me feel I should be brave too (Katniss from THG also inspires me this way as well). I know, maybe it's strange that I draw courage from book characters but what can I say? I do!
  5.  Little Women by Louisa May Alcott... I would save this because, not only is it a classic which I enjoy, but I won it as a prize from school when I was about nine. I'm not even quite sure what exactly it was I won it for; I think just being a good, all-rounded student. Or maybe for simply being the amazingly perfect person I am! (I am joking...)
  6. St. Clare's series by Enid Blyton...I think Enid Blyton was the author who drew out my love of reading. For ages, when I was younger, she was my favourite author and I still have a whole shelf full (plus loads more in the loft) of books by her! I especially loved reading about the mischief the girls at St. Clare's (and Mallory Towers) got up to, and I have a cute boxset of this series at home so I would take this with me just for old times' sake.
  7. Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
  8. Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson
  9. Birthmarked by Caragh O' Brien
  10. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

2 comments:

  1. Some of the books - 7 to 10 - are new for me..
    but I have Enid Blyton on my list too.. I cheated there :)
    And Little Women is one of my favorite stories though my copy is not with me .. so did not add it.. am a new follower.. do hop on over when you can
    Harry Potter did not make it though I should squeezed them in somewhere - you will know what I mean when you see my list..
    http://myrandrspace.blogspot.com/2012/02/yummy-tummy-tuesday-quick-tangy-corn.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! Did you manage to execute all the options of your domain on your own or you got professional help?

    ReplyDelete

Hiya there! Thanks for dropping by The Book Parade!

***N.B. This is now an award-free zone. I'm honoured if you consider me, but people taking the time to read my posts and comment is the most valuable award I could receive. Thanks! :D