Tuesday 28 February 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Give a Theme Song to


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and this week's theme is...Books I'd Give a Theme Song To!

The Hunger Games...Change by Taylor Swift because the song is all about fighting and standing up for what you believe in; like the rebellion in THG, which is, ultimately, victorious.
"These walls that they put up to hold us back fell down,
It's a revolution, throw your hands up 'cause we never gave in
And we'll sing Hallelujah"   
 Perfect Chemistry...Love Story by Taylor Swift because Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles is just such a cute love story! And both song and book are sort of based around the story of Romeo and Juliet, and really are quite similar...  
"This love is difficult, but it's real
Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess,
It's a love story, baby just say yes"
The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer...Fix You by Coldplay because Mara is going through a pretty troubled time and feels quite broken, but Noah is always there, trying to fix things and make things alright.
  
"Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try
To fix you"
Clockwork Angel...Reflections by Christina Aguilera because Tessa is struggling to find out who she really is, after discovering she has some strange power that she never even knew of.

"Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?
When will my reflection show who I am inside?"  
Finding Sky...Superman by Taylor Swift because the lyrics of this song seem to pretty much perfectly fit Zed and Sky. Zed is kind of a Superman flying off to save the world because he and his family use their powers to try and do good. I think these two bits describes Zed from Sky's point of view, once she's got to know him, perfectly.

"Tall, dark and beautiful,
He's complicated, he's irrational" 

"Something in his deep brown eyes has me saying,
He's not all bad like his reputation
And I can't hear one single word they say"  


Whew! That's only five, but that's all I could think of, at least for now. I love music, and I love books but that turned out to be harder than I expected! Maybe if I think of some more in the future, I'll come back and add to this list...
And, I KNOW, three of those five songs were by Taylor Swift, but what can I say?
 I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 

2 comments:

  1. I officially love this blog post. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Taylor Swift, also, but you probably already knew that! ;) I agree with every last one of those choices!

    PS—I gave you the Lovely Blog Award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE our mutual LOVE of Taylor Swift!

      By the way, thanks so much for giving me the Lovely Blog Award, it means a lot to me! :)

      Delete

Hiya there! Thanks for dropping by The Book Parade!

***N.B. This is now an award-free zone. I'm honoured if you consider me, but people taking the time to read my posts and comment is the most valuable award I could receive. Thanks! :D