Wednesday 2 May 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

With the sudden current craze of YA book-to-movie adaptations that seem to be flooding our screens (or are to flood our screens sometime in the near future), following the likes of Twilight and The Hunger Games, this week's theme for Top Ten Tuesday is quite appropriate...Books you'd like to see turned into Movies!

  1. Blood Red Road by Moira Young...LOADS of action, adventure and romance = awesome movie!
  2. Divergent by Veronica Roth...Hmm, ditto above, really.
  3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare...The first Mortal Instruments movie (starring Lily Collins and Jamie Campell-Bower) is set to come out later this year...why not make movies of Cassie Clare's other awesome series?
  4.  Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter... I mean, a school full of kick-ass girl spies in training? Awesome, or what?
  5. The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman...It's a shame they never followed up The Golden Compass movie with screen adaptations of the rest of the His Dark Materials trilogy... :( Of course, it's probably a bit too late for them to do them now, seeing as Dakota Blue Richards (Lyra) is all grown up now :(

Hmm...can't think of any others right now at this moment in time...maybe later...

Anyway, feel free to leave a comment with your Top Ten Tuesday posts and I'll drop by and check them out! :)

6 comments:

  1. You've chosen some great books!!! I can't wait to read the Veronica Roth and Cassandra Clare books, everyone seems to be raving about them!!!!

    Btw, I'm now following through Linky Followers, as well as GFC - hope you'll come by my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with these! I think I remember reading something that said that Divergent's movie rights were sold, but I don't remember. :) Good choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey errmm do you have an email?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Gallagher girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now a follower! Do you think you could please follow my blog? It's called: www.blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com

    thanks and happy blogging! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divergent + Clockwork Angel would be awesome on big screen!!

    ReplyDelete

Hiya there! Thanks for dropping by The Book Parade!

***N.B. This is now an award-free zone. I'm honoured if you consider me, but people taking the time to read my posts and comment is the most valuable award I could receive. Thanks! :D