Monday 21 May 2012

Recommend A... [1]


'Recommend A... ' is the awesome new feature thought up by the amazing Shanyn from Chick Loves Lit. Each week there will be a different, creative prompt for us to recommend books that we sometimes maybe forget how much we love, giving us the chance to share book recommendations of books that might not get recommended as much as they deserve.
(Click here for the 'Recommend A...' introduction post at Chick Loves Lit.)


I think this sounds like a really fun feature and I'm really excited to be participating! Kudos to Shanyn for coming up with such a cool idea!


This week's prompt is:
"Recommend A...Book with Three Words in the Title"
Now, I could recommend some books that are already very well-known like The Hunger Games, City Of Bones and Noughts and Crosses but, chances are, you already know how amazing they are. And if you don't - well they are AMAZING!


So, instead, I'm going to recommend these three books that have three words in the title... (it was really hard trying to pick only a few!)


  1. Blood Red Road by Moira Young...You know I love a good dystopian... This one was AMAZING! I LOVED it so much! Heart-stopping action, adventure and romance - this book has everything.
  2. You Against Me by Jenny Downham...Mikey's life begins to fall apart when his sister claims a boy assaulted her. Ellie's life begins to unravel when her brother is charged with the assault. 'Brave and unflinching, this is a book about loyalty and the choices that come with it. But above all it's a book about love - for one's family and for another.' (Goodreads)
  3. Let's Get Lost by Sarra Manning...Isabel doesn't let anyone past her harsh facade. But then she meets Smith. And her wall begins to crumble... I really liked this book - Sarra Manning is such an awesome teen writer and she deals with teen issues so well. She had me crying streams of tears as I read this book!

I hope you all at least consider my recommendations - they're all really worthwhile reads! What are your recommendations for this week? Leave me a comment or a link and I'll be sure to check your "Recommend A...' posts too! :)



7 comments:

  1. OMG! My pile of books just keeps getting bigger and bigger! I've been wanting to read Blood Red Road forever! It stares at me all the time! You Against Me and Let's Get Lost sound awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of funny, I didn't even consider The Hunger Games or City of Bones when I was thinking about my recommendation. It's so odd to think about all of the different types of books that fit the three word theme! I just posted a review of You Against Me, so of course I totally agree with that recommendation :) Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood Red Road was definitely one of my favorite books last year, so I love that you picked that one!I would love to see this made into a film one day (especially with the trend in westerns going on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot of good things about Blood Red Road. I may have to put that on my TBR list. Thanks for the recommendations!

    Here's my Recommend A... post!

    New Follower!
    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have Blood Red Road on my shelf waiting to be read:) I'd recommend City of Bones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Against Me sounds great - I've added it on Goodreads. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  7. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. Weirdest book I've ever read. And Walking on Glass by Iain M. Banks. Great book.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya there! Thanks for dropping by The Book Parade!

***N.B. This is now an award-free zone. I'm honoured if you consider me, but people taking the time to read my posts and comment is the most valuable award I could receive. Thanks! :D