Wednesday 29 January 2014

Wishlist Wednesday: Eleanor & Park

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Pen to Paper

Title: Eleanor & Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
First Published: Feb 2013
Pages: 325


Eleanor is the new girl in town, and with her chaotic family life, her mismatched clothes and unruly red hair, she couldn't stick out more if she tried.

Park is the boy at the back of the bus. Black T-shirts, headphones, head in a book - he thinks he's made himself invisible. But not to Eleanor... never to Eleanor.

Slowly, steadily, through late-night conversations and an ever-growing stack of mix tapes, Eleanor and Park fall for each other. They fall in love the way you do the first time, when you're young, and you feel as if you have nothing and everything to lose.


Why I'm Wishing for Eleanor & Park...

The US cover...see what I mean?!!
I just love it!
  • I've heard so much sincere praise and admiration for this book - I really need to experience it for myself asap!
  • One (or a few) review(s) I read somewhere recommended this to fans of John Green...Um, hello, I AM A MASSIVE FAN OF JOHN GREEN.
  • It sounds like a quirky romantic read.
  • I love the cover! (Although I love the US cover even more...it is probably one of my favourite covers EVER! It's really simplistic and minimalistic, but so perfect at the same time, and did you notice the way theie headphones entwine to make the ampersand?!!)

4 comments:

  1. The US cover is definitely more romantic than the other one, although they are both great in their own way. I hope the book will live up to your expectations.

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my bookshelf and still haven't found the time to pick it up and read it! I really want to though, I've heard such good things about it! I LOVE the colours on the UK version but I love the simplicity of the US one.

    Hope you get to read this sometime soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this one and Fangirl as well! So many books to read aaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll love Eleanor & Park! I ADORE the US cover. The UK cover is nice, but it just doesn't compare to the US edition. However, I wanted to read this book so, so bad that I went ahead and purchased the UK cover because it was in paperback and I didn't have enough for the US hardback...I just couldn't wait.

    Overall, Eleanor & Park is a nice, easy read. I read it in a day.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya there! Thanks for dropping by The Book Parade!

***N.B. This is now an award-free zone. I'm honoured if you consider me, but people taking the time to read my posts and comment is the most valuable award I could receive. Thanks! :D