Friday 31 January 2014

Best of the Bunch: January Wrap-Up

Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted at Always Lost in Stories at the end of each month, where we can look back at all the books we read, and decide which one will be crowned the 'Best of the Bunch'!

This month I read...

1. Every Day by David Levithan | 6.1.14 || Buy
2. Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers |14.1.14 |Buy

3. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill | 16.1.14 |Buy
4. The Originals by Cat Patrick | 20.1.14 |Buy


5. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau | 22.1.14 |Buy
6. Rules of Summer by Joanna Philbin | 23.1.14 |Buy
7. Cress by Marissa Meyer | 30.1.14 |Buy


*Books are listed with the date I finished reading them and my Goodreads ratings

So, I read 7 books this month, which I am really happy about, because during 2013, for some sad reason I began reading less and less...and although prior to that I used to average about 10 books a month, 7 is still reassuring as a sign that I'm getting back into the swing of things again! Obviously, with each new year, schoolwork is taking up more of my time, but at least I've begun finding time to read more frequently again this year!

And the 'Best of the Bunch' is...

All Our Yesterdays (All Our Yesterdays #1) by Cristin Terrill!



Em is locked in a bare, cold cell with no comforts. Finn is in the cell next door. The Doctor is keeping them there until they tell him what he wants to know. Trouble is, what he wants to know hasn't happened yet. 


Em and Finn have a shared past, but no future unless they can find a way out. The present is torture - being kept apart, overhearing each other's anguish as the Doctor relentlessly seeks answers. There's no way back from here, to what they used to be, the world they used to know. Then Em finds a note in her cell which changes everything. It's from her future self and contains some simple but very clear instructions. Em must travel back in time to avert a tragedy that's about to unfold. Worse, she has to pursue and kill the boy she loves to change the future.


Why?

I love stories involving time travel - they have so much potential to be awesome, although, equally, just as much potential to go awry. Needless to say, All Our Yesterdays was one of those that got it just right! In two words: addictive and exciting!


What books did you read this month? Which was your favourite? Let me know in the comments! :) xxx

3 comments:

  1. I've only read Every Day from your list of books and I loved it. My personal favorites of the month are Looking for Alaska by John Green and 13 Little Blue Envelops by Maureen Johnson. I loved them both! :) Hopefully February will bring along many new great books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only book I've read here is The Testing and I adored it - even though a lot of people didn't as they were comparing it to The Hunger Games and Divergent. I MUST get a move on with The Lunar Chronicles series - I've not even read the second book yet! :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read All Our Yesterdays (I have an ebook version but I would rather have a physical copy to read). It's great that you were able to read more this month.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya there! Thanks for dropping by The Book Parade!

***N.B. This is now an award-free zone. I'm honoured if you consider me, but people taking the time to read my posts and comment is the most valuable award I could receive. Thanks! :D